The Hysterectomy Association was set up to help women and their partners make appropriate choices about their long term health. Most women who have a hysterectomy will go on to have no further problems, however a small number may experience other health, relationship or emotional problems after they have had surgery.
If you are concerned about having a hysterectomy, want to talk about a hysterectomy you have already had or if you want to talk about the impact that your hysterectomy has had on different areas of your life, then our counselling and other support services might be right for you.
Our support services include:
- Telephone One 2 One Hysterectomy Support Sessions
- Face to Face Hysterectomy Counselling – Dorset Only
- ‘Preparing for Hysterectomy’ Workshops designed to help you make vital decisions are specially for women who have yet to have a hysterectomy.
- Members Only Telephone HelpLine – if you are a full member of the Hysterectomy Association then you have access to our telephone helpline. Find out more about our membership options today.
Losing the Woman Within – £5.50. is essential reading for everyone who feels they are alone and emotional following a hysterectomy.
- Check out our Childlessness and Hysterectomy forum for support and empathy
- Feeling as if your sex life will never be normal? Read this forum for more help and information.
- Discover more research and news about depression post hysterectomy
- Find out all the latest research and news about maintaining your sex drive after hysterectomy